Access Patient Reports
This article describes how to find and download patient reports from the provider portal. If you need to learn how to place orders in the provider portal, please reference our Online Ordering Quick Guide or Online Ordering Full Guide. Contained in this article:
- Report ready notifications
- Locating orders
- Definition of order status
- Viewing reports
- Downloading an individual report
- Downloading multiple reports in bulk
- Combining downloaded reports to print
Note: This article contains sample data for demonstration and discussion purposes only
Report Ready Notifications
When patient reports are signed and ready to download, Provider Contacts (if set as “Primary Contact”) will receive an email notification with a link to visit the portal. To set up your email notifications see Portal User Settings.
1. Click on the “Visit portal” link in the email, or navigate directly to the portal at portal.labtests.io.
Note: The portal works with most web browsers. Internet Explorer may require some configuration (see Portal Access from Internet Explorer).
The Orders page will be active upon login. To locate orders:
- Search by patient first name, last name, or date of birth
- Sort by date submitted, sample received date, or overall result (COVID-19 only)
- Filter by provider account, provider, provider rep, or provider NPI number
- Filter by order status
Definitions of Order Status
- Draft = An order has been started, but not submitted
- Received = An order and sample have been received
- Held = An order has been received, but is being held (usually pending receipt of the sample)
- Processing = A sample has been added to a workflow and is undergoing laboratory testing
- Complete = A report has been signed and is available for download
- Delivered = A report has been downloaded
- Delivered* = A previously-downloaded report has been corrected and is available for download
- Canceled = An order has been canceled
Orders with reports available will have a “download document” icon:
- green icon = report is ‘complete’ status and has not been downloaded
- gray icon = report has been downloaded previously
Note: To sort by Overall Result, available only on COVID-19 reports, “Show overall test result” needs to be enabled in the Ovation LIMS preferences. If you don't see the Overall Result column for COVID-19 reporting, please refer to the Display Preferences article to change your settings.
Download an Individual Report:
1. Click the download icon next to the Order Identifier (ID)
2. Click the report name file (.pdf) to open the Reports tab for that Order
3. Click the Download/Print button to save or print the report
Download Multiple Reports in Bulk
1. From the Status dropdown menu, select “Complete,” “Delivered,” or “Delivered*.”
2. Select the top left checkbox to select all filtered reports.
3. Click the “Download ‘x’ Reports” button in the top-right corner to download a .zip folder that will contain each report as an individual PDF.
Note: All filtered reports that are available to download will be selected even if they are not displayed on the first page.
Alternatively, you may individually select multiple specific reports for bulk download:
1. Select the checkbox next to any order with a “Complete” report icon or “Delivered” report icon.
2. Click the “Download ‘x’ Reports” button to download a .zip folder that will contain each report as an individual PDF.
Combine Downloaded Reports to Print
To combine multiple downloaded patient reports into a single file for printing using a Mac:
1. Highlight all of the reports you wish to print, select “Quick Actions” > “Create PDF.” This will generate one PDF containing each individual report that, when printed, prints all of the reports at once with each individual report on a separate page.
2. Using Adobe Acrobat, use the “Combine Files*” option in the Tools menu to make a single PDF containing each individual report that, when printed, prints all of the reports at once with each individual report on a separate page. (*requires the paid/pro version of Acrobat)