Clearing a Web Browser's Cache
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
It is a good idea to clear your browser cache and cookies because it:
- prevents you from using old forms
- protects your personal information
- helps the Ovation application run better on your computer
If you are using Google Chrome, follow the steps below to clear your cache and cookies.
- With your web browser open, click on the three vertical dots or a vertical ellipsis in the upper right corner.
- Hover over the ‘History’ tab. This will open up another tab displaying your recent history and an option to view ‘History.’
- Click into the ‘History’ tab.
Alternatively, you can input chrome://history/ into the URL bar.
4. Click into the ‘Clear browsing data’ selection.
5. Specify the time frame and components you’d like to clear by using the ‘Time Range’ drop-down and checkboxes next to Browsing History, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.