This article describes two different ways to receive samples on existing orders from the Provider Portal or existing requisition forms (req forms) in the OvDx LIMs. If you are manually completing req forms and receiving samples at the same time please refer to the Adding a New Requisition article.
Sample Receipt - with Requisition ID or Patient Name
Use this method when you have a low volume of samples coming into the lab and know the Order/Requisition ID or the Patient Name associated with the sample.
1. Click on Projects
2. Click on the Project that contains your existing req form or Portal order
3. Click on Requisitions
There are two ways to find the matching req form:
4. Enter or scan the Requisition Identifier
5. Enter the Patient First and Last Name
You can also filter to sort the requisitions with “unreceived” samples to the top by following the steps below:
6. Sort Status top filter = “Processing Status” and bottom filter = “Held”
7. Click on the green arrow next to Sample Received to move requisitions with empty received dates to the top
Sample Receipt - In Bulk with Sample ID or Container ID
Use this method when you have a high volume of samples coming into the lab and know the Sample ID or Container ID associated with the sample.
1. Navigate to either the All Samples page or the Project Samples page
2. Click the green “Receive Samples” button
3. Enter the Sample or Container identifier of each sample in the box provided, or upload a .csv file containing the identifiers
4. Click the green “Submit” button
5. Click the green “Mark Received” button
6. Enter the date and time received in the window that pops up and click the green “Receive” button
7. You will now see “Received” as the sample status