Two-step verification is an extra layer of security designed to ensure that you're the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password. When you want to sign in, you'll need to provide two pieces of information — your password and a verification code.
Turn on Two-Step Verification for your User Account
You can follow these steps to turn on two-step verification for your user account.
1. Go to User Settings > Security
2. Click the toggle to turn on two-step verification
3. On the confirmation screen, click “Continue”
4. You will be prompted to sign in again to complete this change
5. Scan the QR code with Google Authenticator (or similar) application and enter your 6-digit passcode
6. Store your recovery code somewhere safe and click continue to complete the set up.
7. You are all set. In the future when signing in you’ll want your device handy.
Tip: You can choose to “remember this browser” so that you don’t have to enter a verification code for 30 days when logging in from this browser. The system will forget you after 7 days if you are inactive (don’t sign in) during that time period.