Ovation LIMS Release Notes: Improved Integrations Management
We are excited to announce a set of enhancements that will make it easier for your lab to manage system integrations within Ovation LIMS. These updates not only grant greater transparency and control over current integrations but also streamline the processes involved in creating new connections.
Enhanced Integrations Dashboard
The revamped Integrations dashboard offers a concise overview of your lab’s Ovation LIMS integrations. With this fresh layout, users gain immediate insights into integration status, health, and the most recent activity timestamps. This real-time monitoring is instrumental for users to determine where there may be bottlenecks in your lab’s inbound and outbound data flow.
From here, users can quickly navigate to detailed event logs where they can monitor file exchanges for a particular integration. Additionally, users can download a compendium of system-specific configuration details, a useful tool for developers working on specific integrations.
New Integration Event Logs
Ovation LIMS users can now access event logs with transaction-specific details for each integration, where they can:
- Confirm the timestamp when a message was successfully sent or received.
- Quickly identify potential issues.
- Perform the first line of troubleshooting by viewing or downloading the message’s contents, and resending it in cases where data needs to be re-delivered.
Users can also navigate to the same information within a particular requisition via the new “Integrations” tab, which has replaced the “Billings” tab.
For a deeper dive into monitoring your integrations, visit: Configuring and Monitoring Integrations – Overview.
Empowering Users with Self-Service Generic File Exchange Integrations
A common type of integration involves the transmission and receipt of HL7 (and other) messages via a mutual SFTP folder accessible by both systems. Ovation calls these types of connections “Generic File Exchange integrations.” Termed as “Generic File Exchange integrations” by Ovation, users are now equipped to set up and oversee these integrations between Ovation LIMS and other platforms.
With the new Generic File Exchange capabilities, your lab can:
- Create unlimited Generic File Exchange integrations.
- Manage all Generic File Exchange integrations in a consistent manner.
- Centrally manage all aspects of each integration’s configuration from a single place within Ovation LIMS.
Several labs leveraging Ovation LIMS have already enhanced their operations with these integrations, enabling them to:
- Generate requisitions from external ordering systems and send corresponding test results back to that system.
- Initiate billing processes by transmitting necessary information to a billing service provider.
- Send out requisitions to affiliate facilities for fulfillment and receive test results back from that facility.
For a comprehensive guide on Generic File Exchange integrations, explore the following resources:
What Happens to My Lab’s Existing Ovation LIMS Integrations?
Rest assured, these enhancements will not alter your existing integrations, and they will continue to operate as they are currently configured. Nonetheless, users should note that the integrations have been reorganized and will be displayed differently in the following ways:
- Non-HL7 integrations will now be categorized under “Native” integrations.
- All HL7 integrations (encompassing orders in, results out, billing, send-outs) have been converted to “Generic File Exchange” integrations. All associated configuration options will be organized within that integration configuration. This includes: Connection settings, SFTP folder configurations, Routes, Actions, Triggers, HL7 mappings, and HL7 billing rules.
An added refinement is the optimized categorization of these integrations by connection within the Integrations dashboard. For example, there may be just one entry for a particular ordering portal or billing provider with multiple “routes” within it.