Adding New OvDx Users
Note: This task is time-sensitive, and after clicking Create, a verification email will be sent to the new user prompting them to create their password and complete the account setup process. The link sent to the new user expires in 72 hours.
This article describes how to:
- Add new users to the LIMs side of your Ovation Platform
- Assign a user role to a user
- Add a user to a project (to add Ovation Portal users see Adding a New Provider Account or Adding a Sales Rep.)
- Remove a user
- A video walkthrough showing how to add OvDx users
Add a User to OvDx
1. Under the “More” button on the Dashboard, navigate to Administration > Settings > Users & Permissions.
2. Click the “Add User” button.
3. Type the new user’s name and email address, and then click the “Create” button.
Note: After clicking Create, a verification email will be sent to the new user prompting them to create their password and complete the account setup process. The link sent to the new user expires in 72 hours.
4. Click on the user name that was just created to fill in optional fields such as Job Title, Contact Information, and Emergency Contact. Click the green “Save” button to complete this section.
5. If needed, you can resend the invitation email, send an email to reset the user’s password, or remove a user by clicking on the ellipse to the far right of the user name.
Assign a User Role
1. Go to More > Settings > Users & Permissions
2. Click the User Roles tab, then click the Add User Role button
3. Choose the User and Role from the drop-down menus, and then click the Create button
Tip: A single user can be assigned multiple roles. To learn more about user roles, see the Roles & Permissions article.
Add a User to a Project
Users need to be added to a Project before they can view or access the Project.
1. Go to Projects > “project name” > Users tab
2. Click the green Add User button
3. Select the User and Role from the dropdown menus
4. Click Create to add the user to the Project
Removing a User
1. Go to More > Settings > Users & Permissions.
2. Find the user you would like to remove, click the 3 dots to the far right of their name and select Remove User.
"Tip: Removing a user will take away their ability to login, but any data previously generated by that user (including audit details with their logins) will remain in the system.
3. The system will provide a prompt asking you to confirm removal. Click Confirm. The user and all associated roles and permissions will be completely removed from the system.
Prefer video format?
You can watch this 4 minute comprehensive video covering adding new users to the OvDx LIMS.