Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the image that reflects your issue, or scroll down to read some frequently asked questions:
Portal login problems
- I see "Unauthorized" when I login.
- Check that you have the correct URL. You should be using portal.labtests.io to access your portal.
- I can login but my screen is blank / I see no orders.
- Make sure you're logging in with the latest version of Chrome.
- Contact your lab administrator and have them add providers to your account.
- I can't login; the screen says "Authentication error, access expired."
- Ask your lab administrator to send a new portal invite or password reset email.
For questions, you can contact your lab's support team by using the email contact button at the top of your screen.
*LIMS Admins: see our Setting Up Accounts - Full Guide article for help with creating Provider and Sales accounts.
LIMS login problems
- I see "Unauthorized" when I login.
- Check that you have the correct URL. You should be using lab.ovation.io to access Ovation.
- Whenever I sign in, Ovation takes me back to the login page.
- Confirm the computer’s date and time settings are correct, and that they match your current timezone.
- You may have to toggle “Set time automatically” and “Set timezone automatically” to off.
- “Automatically adjust for daylight savings time” should remain on.
- Ovation makes me sign in twice.
- If you have the login page saved as a bookmark, delete that bookmark.
- Create a new bookmark with lab.ovation.io.
- I can't login; my account is “blocked."
- You may have received an email saying “We detected suspicious activity in your Ovation account.”
- Click the link that says “Unblock” in that message.
If you didn’t receive an email, reach out to email@example.com for more assistance.
Why am I seeing a gray screen?
Is your user seeing a gray screen? This means they have been added to your Org, but have not been assigned a Role and/or a Project.
To add a role:
1. Head to the More tab > Settings > Users & Permissions.
2. This will bring you to a new page. Click into the "User Roles" tab. Then click "Add User Role."
3. There will be two drop downs - one for User and the other for Role. Specify both the role you'd like to assign and the user you'd like to assign the role to. Click "Create."
To add a project:
1. Click into Projects > name of the project you'd like to add the user to.
2. Click into Users > Add User.
3. Similar to step 3 above, there will be two drop downs - one for User and the other for Role. Specify both the role you'd like to assign and the user you'd like to assign the role to for this project. Click "Create."
*LIMS Admins: see our Adding New OvDx Users article for more help with adding users, assigning roles, and assigning users to projects.
How can I archive Providers/Contacts/Accounts?
Occasionally you will need to remove Provider Accounts, Providers, and Provider Contacts due to staffing and client changes. This video will walk you through archiving each of these in the necessary order so that you can maintain control of customer access.
Note: removing the association between a Provider Contact and a Provider doesn't archive the Provider
Is Ovation Down?
Much like any software system, Ovation may experience periods of downtime or low performance. The video below provides some context as to what the cause might be and how to proceed in the event of a system wide event
The best way to stay informed when instances like this may occur is to visit our Status Page and click the "Subscribe to Updates" button. This will ensure that any alerts posted to this page are sent as soon as they are published.